Saturday, April 3, 2010

*~* 5 Years Ago *~*

~ I miss her every.single.day ~
Today marks 5 years since I lost my Mom to cancer.
I am so grateful for the 45 years I was blessed with her love, guidance, support and knowledge.
I won't sit here and tell you that it is THE hardest event in life; to lose your Mother.
It was the hardest part of MY life.
We all suffer losses in life and to each one of us it is extremely personal.
I will carry her in my heart forever and I see her traits in myself and my children.
My Mom, Sister, Daughter & I
I hope you know Mom how my heart aches - it truly must be broken...
Even after 5 years I still have moments when I want to pick up the phone call and talk to you!
I continue to work hard to make you proud of me and to be the best that I can be.

Until we meet again Mom... I love you ~ Your Daughter

3 comments:

Brittany said...

She was a lucky lady to have the daughter she does. I love my mom so muc (and my grandmother and great aunt who are still alive)...it's truly hard to fathom life without them. Sounds like she was a beautiful lady Leslee.

Angie Vik said...

That's neat that you had a close relationship with your mother. She looks like a neat person. My husband lost his father a few years back so I can relate a little to the missing and grieving you've gone through. Thanks for being honest and sharing about something that was very hard for you. God bless.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! Leslee! This is exactly my heart's desire too!!!!! ...that simple little phone call with mom!!!!!

Thinking of you!

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment (As much as I appreciate the ways that we find similat. My hubby and I had a wonderful time up at my dad's (the 26 hour drive to my dad's from our home in Georgia to his home in Wisconsin was well worth it :o) Thank goodness though for the midway stop to sleep and visit with our kids who are all at college in Kentucky :o)

It was straight back to work for me, so haven't had a minute to catch up really on blogging, but I want to try to reply to the wonderful comments left on my N post.

Blessings & Aloha!