Thursday, July 22, 2010

~~* Aloha Friday *~~

Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday!!
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy
and look forward to the weekend.
So I thought that I would take it easy on posting, too.
Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer.
Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, post your own question on your blog
and leave your link
here.

Remember to visit the other participants!
~ It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends ~
What experience did you miss out on
and wish you'd been a part of?
My "experience" would be that I am missing out on
growing old along with my Mom.
I miss her every.single.day and want SO much
to share my experiences of being a Mom with her.
I want to show her how much I enjoy
cooking and baking and share my dishes with her.
I carry on each day in the hopes that she is
indeed watching over me, proud of the woman
and Mom that I have become.

7 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I pretty much share your miss.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/can-you-tap-a-500-word-text-in-6-seconds/

Christa @ Little Us said...

I'm sorry that that's what you're missing. I couldn't even imagine!

I'm missing out on being a family since I'm a single Mom

Auntie E said...

spending time with my brothers family. We seems to be at odds, only on his part.

Colette S said...

The fact that I didn't get to grew up with my mother and even though I know her now, she is still missing out on my life and missing out on being apart of her grand children lives.

So very close to yours except my mom is alive and in another country

Mimi said...

Hi Leslee, I'm new here, enticed by your fab title!
And guess what, I share what you're missing out on. I so wish my Mom had lived to see her grandkids- just today I was looking at a photo taken at a recent family "do", and thinking how she'd have adored all 16 grandkids! (not all mine, I have siblings!!!)
But our Moms are just a breath away, and they do watch over us and our kids too.

Colette S said...

Hi, just visiting again to follow your blog!

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Glad you stopped by...so glad this week is over and at least we have a weekend off from FAVRE WATCH....I wonder if people stop and think...he said nothing...Its ESPN's problem.....and evidentally lots of people CARE.