Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Eclipse

The Retired Fireguy and I agreed to stay awake
to see the lunar eclipse
(way past our bedtime but it is a once in a lifetime event!)

The weather was very clear and very COLD!!
I bundled up and wrapped in a blanket while
The Retired Fireguy opted to watch from the spa...

I learned ALOT from this little photo shoot
and am very glad I gave it a try!

This is the gorgeous full moon about 10:30PM
The earth's shadow beginning to cover the moon - about 10:50PM
This was perhaps half way - around 11:15PM
At last... The lunar eclipse!!! This was about 11:35PM


4 comments:

Tracy said...

Great job!!!

Mrs. V said...

Wow Mom, that is REALLY great!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures of the eclipse are beautiful. Thanks for sharing, I missed this amazing event and was so happy you posted pictures. I posted the recipe for the marble cheesecake
http://dramakris.blogspot.com/2010/12/marble-cheesecake.html
Merry Christmas to you and your family (Erin, that means you too honey!)

Jenn said...

Oh how nice it would have been to live in California on this night. I set my alarm for 2am to get my picture. Sheesh...I was sleepy!