Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend wrap up

This weekend I had the extreme pleasure of spending time with family ~

Saturday afternoon I met my sister at a church bazaar for their "Apple Hill Harvest Festival". The event was really very quaint and we enjoyed the home cooked goodies also!! My sister & I then visited one of the largest pumpkin farms I have ever been too! So, I have only been to two... but who's counting??? It was so much fun to wander around looking at all of the families enjoying the lovely weather, the children picking out their pumpkins and the smell of warm hay!!

Sunday morning The Fireguy and I met his Mom for coffee at one of our local coffee houses. It was a really nice visit as I had brought my laptop and The Fireguy sharded photos he had taken while visitng his brother in Montana this summer.

Next up I had a 2nd cousin visit from Pennsylvania. We met Linda and my sister at my Dad's and she shared the stories of her 5 children and 9 grandchildren (8 girls and one little prince)! She is one busy lady!! In her spare time she crochets beautiful throws and teaches piano. She has had up to 30 students at a time!!! It was really great to catch up with Linda as she visits California only once a year.
Below is a photo of Linda and me ~


Hope you all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

A New England Girl said...

What a wonderful weekend! Isn't it always so nice to play catch up with immediate and extended family members? Those weekends are fantastic, and full of so many new and special memories! :) I am glad you had a good time. Any photos from the pumpkin patch? I'd be interested to see how ours compare to yours in California. :)
Happy Tuesday! xoxo.