Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend wrap up ~

This Thanksgiving was one for the record books; for the first time EVER we did not spend the holiday with either of our children. I was however blessed to have just spent 10 glorious days with them in paradise, but I did miss them...

Since I am down to one arm, my wonderful husband and his Mom took care of the cooking on Thanksgiving. It was a nice meal and although odd for me to sit back and watch all the activities, I am grateful that I have a supportive family who stepped up and took over!

The rest of the weekend was spent with various activities:

We made jerkey with our new Jerkey Cannon!! Sooo cool...
Attended the annual Dickens Faire in Old Towne with my Daughter & Sister

Made lasagna (well I helped!) The Fireguy wanted to be sure I had food when he went back to work, so we froze a bunch for later...

Today I received this lovely floral decoration from my co-workers!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

A New England Girl said...

What a lovely holiday it looks like you had! :) I hope you're feeling better! :)

Vicki said...

JERKY CANNON?!!?? How'd it turn out?