Sunday, February 28, 2010

Favorite Things - January & February

I'm a bit behind, so please be patient with my longer list. As I gathered all of my items, I realized there was a general theme... Any guesses???

I have been feeling pretty great about my training and treated myself to a splurge!!

I found the Brooks Nightlife jackets and vest on eBay for a decent price. These jackets/vest should allow me to be seen better than in my current plain black jacket.

The Marathon Stick is a muscle massage tool that is designed to simultaneously compress and stretch muscles.

The primary benefit of the marathon stick to runners is the elimination of "trigger points". Trigger points are contracted bundles of muscle, which feel like bumpy tender knots.

Muscles containing trigger points feel tight, fatigue quickly and often hurt.
The marathon stick extinguishes these trigger points.
I have developed some discomfort from plantar fasciitis.

The Strassburg Sock was designed to keep tension on the tissue (plantar fascia) so it heals in a stretched position at night.
I am already noticing less morning discomfort and with continued use hope to have it completely healed!!

The Road ID identification system...
Is for outdoor enthusiasts (runners, cyclists, triathletes, skiers, snow boarders, kayakers, walkers, and anyone that doesn’t spend all of their time on the couch).
Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends in case of an emergency.
It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.





Finally, I have to tell everyone about the MapMyRun iPhone app... It logs my mileage, pace and time; best of all it has a GPS that maps my routes! On the website you can track your training and also share your workouts with friends via Facebook, Twitter, etc.


2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Yes, I am feeling better. I have my "rough" moments, but God has a plan and I just have to accept that. Thank you for all your kind comments! :)

Katie-K said...

I didn't even know some of those things existed! So cool. I hope your plantar fasciitis goes away soon!

I really like the iMapMyRun app, but I can't use it if I want to listen to pandora and there's also a part of my run where I don't have internet/phone service.