Sunday, March 7, 2010

Delayed weekend wrap-up...

This is about two weeks past due of being posted, but I wanted to share my fun family weekend with you!

Tommy & Lindsey arrived Friday evening for the weekend. This trip originally planned in December turned into an engagement celebration weekend!!! After fetching the newly engaged couple from the airport and we headed to Erin & Chris' for a homemade meal. It always a party with our little family group - we ate and traded information about the upcoming wedding!

I had a full house all day Saturday & Sunday as Erin & Chris stayed here while Tommy & Lindsey were in town. I just love it when my house is busting at the seams with suitcases and people going every which-a-way. I swear I tell myself each time that I need to take a picture of all the open suitcases and the shoes at my front entry, and somehow I usually forget! Trust me when I say that it is the most heartwarming view a Mom can have...

Saturday the boys went to 'the secret spot' for some male bonding time (aka shooting pistols and air guns) while we girls went grocery shopping and perused wedding magazines! I am so blessed to be included in Lindsey's planning of her wedding. I understand that I had my "day in the sun" helping my daughter plan her wedding and to have my future daughter-in-law included me is just icing on the cake :-) Thanks Lindz...!!

For dinner we had our traditional fish fry; complete with striped bass, chicken strips, french fries, onion rings & asparagus and an amazing orzo dish prepared by my son-in-law!

Here is Erin testing out my famous onion goggles...

YUM-OHHHHHHH!!!

Our oh, so yummy meal!!!


The guests of honor at the engagement party...
I blew up a photo from Hawaii & Erin 'blinged' the kids' initials for them...
Made for a darling centerpiece
Happy Momma, surrounded by her two kidlets!!! LOVE THEM... Loved our family filled weekend but sadly it came to an end too soon! Sent both couples back to their respective homes which made our home SO incredibly quiet... I am truly thankful that we get to spend the time together that we do!!! Next up, BOSTON!!!

2 comments:

A Refocused Life said...

Leslee,
What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. With an engagement comes a wedding..fun is on the horizon.

Kelly L said...

You have a beautiful family - I also love my house busting at the seams with loved ones..

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Love to you.
Kelly