Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Erin!!!!

Today marks the 29th (GASP) birthday of my lovely daughter Erin Rae ~I remember my pregnancy and delivery like it were yesterday!! I was due on March 23rd, and Erin being a girl made everyone wait until SHE was ready :-) Finally, 2 1/2 weeks later, on an Easter Sunday she arrived. I had actually shut the door to the nursery as I figured it was all a dream and she was never coming! HA!!! She, being my first born brought much anticipation as I was so worried I would not know what to do with a baby. My Mom gave me the best advice, she said "it will all come naturally". She was right ~

Erin's Daddy named her, after a character on The Walton's TV show, her middle name is the same as mine which is my Father's name.

Erin & I were able to bond for 3 1/2 years since I took time off from working outside the home. We have the most amazing relationship and I cherish that everyday!

Our first born has made us so very proud over the years. She is such a warm, caring young woman and has a determination that amazes me. Erin is the type of person that sets her mind to something and gets it done; thus receiving her Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I am positive that no matter what goal she sets it will always be met.

If you have wondered what a real winner looks like, here is an example:

Happy Birthday Erin, may you enjoy many, many more wonderful years ~

Dad & I love you !!!

2 comments:

just us said...

Happy Birthday Erin. . .you are an amazing person. . . who has great parents. I hope my girls turn out as awesome as you.

Mrs. V said...

Aw thanks Ma....and Miss :) Really tho, who I am is only a reflection of my amazing parents!