Monday, June 8, 2009

Summertime = Busy Weekends!!

We just had one of those weekends that had several events/functions all in two days time!!

Saturday was family day at The Lion King ~ If you have not seen the 'Broadway' production, it is a must... The costuming, set design and music is amazing!! We had gotten tickets for my Dad for Christmas and had the pleasure of having Erin & Chris, my Sister and her future daughter-in-law and Erin's friend Kristi and her Mom join us. The day was made even better since we ate at Mikuni in midtown before the show.

Sunday morning Erin & I ran a 5k in downtown Sacramento. The event benefited WEAVE and was part of the Nike Women's Fitness Festival. Erin 'surprised' me by announcing that she was going to run WITH me... something we have not done in the 5 years that we have been participating in various runs!! I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have her right by my side, cheering me on, giving positive encouragement and SINGING!! The time really did fly by much faster having her there :-) Thank you Sissy! I love U! BTW - I posted a 10:10 mile, which is my personal record!! No doubt due to my most awesome pacer ~
We were also blessed to have our fantastic support personnel consisting of my hubby!! He was an awesome cheering section and photographer!!


Sunday afternoon we were invited to a BBQ at the home of a co-worker of the Fireguy. I always enjoy getting to see his fellow firefighters and their families! So many little kiddos and even more on the way!
It was a really nice crowd and their backyard is so perfect for entertaining ~
We were only able to stay a short time at the BBQ since we had to race back to Elk Grove for a birthday dinner for The Fireguy's younger brother!!
All in all it was a great weekend as I was able to enjoy time with family which means so much to me ~ Hopefully you all had an amazing weekend as well!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

What a fun weekend! Good job on the run, ladies. I saw the Lion King up here with my sister for my b-day, and started crying when the first note hit. Damn theater, gets me every time!

Mrs. V said...

So much fun! I'll sing to you while running any day :P Go Momma, so proud!

Jodi said...

You guys are so cute! I hope some day my daughters love me as much as Erin loves you! We went and saw Lion king too...although I was in the hallway with Deuce most the time...the opening act was awesome! :)