Sunday, January 17, 2010

10k Training update 1a

On January 1st I began a training program prepared for me by my 'Marathon Maniac' daughter.

The program is a 16 week program with the ending goal being me running a 10k (6 miles) race. I have run plenty of 5k's (3 miles) but have never gone beyond that. I don't consider myself a runner, so this is really a challenge for me; I have rather short legs and don't run very fast. I have changed my mindset to FINISH, which is my goal!

Although it is early into my training, I wanted to get my progress posted so that I can be held accountable :-) !!

With the help of
Dailymile I am able to track my training ~ So for the first two weeks I have logged the following:

Running ~ 13.4 miles
Cycle ~ 41.9 miles
Other Fitness (Walking, elliptical machine, rollerblade) ~ 12.21 miles

Total of 67.51 miles first two weeks of training !!!! YEAH ME!!!

Check back for updates ~




5 comments:

A Refocused Life said...

I'm impressed! I'm still in the 'thinking' mode of exercise. You inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Whoooo Hoooo!!!! Keep up the good work!

Katie-K said...

Wow! Good job, that is a lot of mileage!

Family American Style. said...

WOW!!!! That is awesome. Thanks for stopping by and for your wonderful comments.

Mrs. V said...

Go Momma Go!!!!!!!!