Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A goal for 2010 !!!

I hope this posts comes across as positive and not negative!
(P.S. Remember to pause my player at the bottom of the blog to enjoy the video clip)

It is with such excitement that I share with you my desire to follow through with 'letting go' of things from the past. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry here, but I want to share that I will stop letting history run my life. For too long I have let things that people have said and done affect me personally. I try to make other people happy ALL THE TIME, sometimes by not being myself. I need to be true to myself and be me.. Let's face it nobody is perfect, we all have 'ghosts and skeletons' in our closets! I say so what!!! I have accepted my faults, changed what I needed to and have moved on.

I like me!! I love seeing the fruits of my labor in my children! I am walking forward, holding my head high and leaving it all behind!! NO MORE PAIN!!! I'm gonna let it go!!! Nobody sings it better than Tim McGraw, either...


5 comments:

Bridgette said...

I agree 100%! It's time to let go of the past. I am just like you, and I have a hard time putting the past behind me. Thank you for this post! :)

Cathy said...

I will be praying for you as you work toward this very hard goal. It is important to remember how much good you have done and those children certainly are great!

Amanda Lynn said...

This is one of my resolutions for the year too! Good for you, I am sure you can do it!

Brittany said...

Ironically this is one of my NYR's also.....it's NOT an easy process, but one that I am excited and ready to take on and work through! Good luck, it's not easy!

CM said...

Oh hon, don't be letting other people live in your head! Sounds like you have a good start towards "letting go" and not making others happy. Just be true to yourself and you'll be fine :-)