Monday, January 11, 2010

White Chicken Chili & Urijah Faber

The weather has continued to have me craving soups!!

I had heard about White Chicken Chili and modified it for the crockpot. Nothing beats a Sunday holed up inside, watching football and smelling your dinner cooking all afternoon!!! The Fireguy was feeling a bit under the weather so we laid pretty low this weekend.

While I was learning HTML codes I had the Cardinals/Packers game on. What a game that turned out to be! I was really hoping that GB could pull off the win, but it was not meant to be. Next weekend I will be watching with undivided attention as the Vikings take on the Cowboys. I SO want Brett to get to the Super Bowl this year...

In my haste to serve up dinner (complete with corn muffins!) I neglected to take a picture ~ The photo below was taken from the internet at allrecipes.com. This recipe was super simple and very hearty!! For a cost of approx $12 we are going to get several meals out of it!!

I had dinner prepared to serve up in time for us to watch the WEC fights from Sacramento! We are not huge fight fans, but a local boy "The California Kid" Urijah Faber was set to compete. Urijah is really fun to watch and he ended up winning! The fight was set for three rounds and he won by submission with little over a minute left in round three. Good job Urijah~~
I hope you all had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Angie Vik said...

White Chicken Chili sounds really good. Although it does make me wonder if it's the chicken that's white or the chili. Are we talking white meat or white chicken feathers? I'm so impressed that you like to watch football. It's not high on my list of fun activities. It's nice that's something you and your husband can enjoy together. I may have to look up a white chicken chili recipe before heading to bed.

Kelly L said...

yummy been in the mood for soup - today I had baked potato soup - yummy.. I didn't make it though - would love your recipe.

Love to you.'
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com